The Intel® Edison development platform is designed to lower the barriers to entry for a range of inventors, entrepreneurs, and consumer product designers to rapidly prototype and produce “Internet of Things” (IoT) and wearable computing products.
The Intel® Edison breakout board is designed to expose the native 1.8V I/O of the Intel® Edison module. The board consists of power supply, battery charger, USB OTG power switch, UART to USB bridge, USB OTG port, and I/O header.
Internet-of-Things (IoT) Platform
• Provides seamless Device-to-Device and Device-to-Cloud communication
• Ability to run rules on your data stream that trigger alerts based on advanced analytics
• Foundational tools for collecting, storing, and processing data in the cloud
• Free for limited and non-commercial use
• Dual-core, dual-threaded 500 MHz Intel Atom CPU and 100 MHz Intel Quark microcontroller
• 1 GB LPDDR3 POP SDRAM (Dual channel 32-bit @ 800MT/sec)
• 4 GB eMMC Flash memory
• Broadcom 43340 802.11 a/b/g/n dual-band (2.4 and 5 GHz) WiFi
• Bluetooth 4.0
• 40 x configurable 1.8 V GPIO
• On-board antenna
• Atom Operating System: Yocto Linux v1.6
• Quark Operating System: RTOS
Intel® Edison is a low-power device. In general, it does not draw more than 200mA with 600mA short duration spikes during Wi-Fi transmit. Therefore, an Intel® Edison device may run on USB power (when configured as a device), or an external power adapter from 7 to 15V.
When attaching an Intel® Edison module to breakout board, handle the Intel® Edison module by the PCB edges. Avoid holding or exerting pressure to the shields. To mate the Intel® Edison board to the breakout board, apply pressure directly above the connector and to the left corner.
|Clock Speed||CPU (500MHz), MCU (100MHz)|
|Microcontroller||Dual-core, dual-threaded 500 MHz Intel Atom CPU and 100 MHz Intel Quark microcontroller|
|Operating System (OS)||Atom Operating System: Yocto Linux v1.6 and Quark Operating System: RTOS|
|Input Voltage (Limit)||7 to 15 VDC|
|Input Voltage (Recommended)||3.3 to 4.5 VDC|
|Flash Memory||4 GB eMMC|
|Memory||1 GB LPDDR3 POP SDRAM (Dual channel 32-bit @ 800MT/sec)|
|Communication||USB OTG, UART, Bluetooth 4.0, Dual-Band Wifi (2.4GHz and 5GHz), I2C, ICSP|
|Features||On-board Li-ion Battery Charger|
|Input/Output||40 x configurable 1.8 V GPIO|
|Dimension||35.5 mm (L) x 25 mm (W) x 3.9 mm (H)|
Intel Edison, Break-out Board
- Brand: Intel
- Model: 939977
- Availability: In Stock